Sunday, February 3, 2013

Do You Have a Plan?

Are you a planner or do you just let life happen?

If you ask me that question before 2013 I would say I just let life happen. I have always been a live and let live kind of girl, what can I say :-).

As I write this, I have a great sense of accomplishment. It’s as if all of the good intentions and creative ideas have all fallen into place. I realize that one of the keys to success is organization, and all its takes is a little planning. Once your plan is in place, the execution should be the easy part! Don’t get me wrong, it seems I’ve always had a plan, just not the space to spread my wings. Today, I am ready to soar. 

Some of the things that I have done to become organized (in no particular order).
  • Love the space you work in (make it feel like a place to escape to instead of from)
  • Put things back where they belong when your done using them
  • Use a daily/weekly/monthly at a glance calendar
  • Have a comfortable chair/couch or someplace in addition to your desk to work from
  • Take breaks often (unplug completely for a time throughout the day)
  • Schedule reminders for appointments
  • Have fun
  • Make the commitment to success
It’s really that simple. 

I would love to hear some of the ideas you use to be successful in life!

~Kathy

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” 
Abraham Lincoln

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I find that i have learned to let the past go, will admit that some things do creep up in my memory & haunt me; as for tomorrow i think it is human nature to plan, to wish, want but tomorrow is not guaranteed so i try to embrace the moment I'm in its really all i have and i will try to thank God 4 it & treasure it :)

Unknown said...

I find that i have learned to let the past go, will admit that some things do creep up in my memory & haunt me; as for tomorrow i think it is human nature to plan, to wish, want but tomorrow is not guaranteed so i try to embrace the moment I'm in its really all i have and i will try to thank God 4 it & treasure it :)

Anonymous said...

I agree Susan, I have felt that I want to live day to day because of loss in my life. Wondered at times if there was a reason to plan ahead. That being said, I realize to live my life the way I want, I need to have organization and a plan. You are doing an awesome job at that Kathy! kudos!

Kathy said...

Hey Susan! I agree...I have to live in the moment for sure.

I’m just trying to spread my wings and to do that, I have to do things a little different. I thank God every day for the opportunities HE has given me!

Thanks for taking the time to comment. <3

Kathy said...

Hey Paula!

Thanks for sharing...I’m glad you’re with me on this journey.